Monday, July 30, 2007

Help out Mieka Pauley

Mieka Pauley is an artist that I really like. I first saw her when she opened for Citizen Cope a few years back at a show at Jammin' Java. In the large universe of female singer-songwriters she stands out, which isn't easy to do. So when I saw this email she sent out today I had to post it:

jul 30, 2007
hey -
I am in the process of recording my second album – and it's my first full album in seven years. my producer (and good friend) brian cassagnol and I are deep in these songs – I've never been this happy with my own music.
I'm doing this album completely independently. even though I'm working with friends who have been amazingly gracious with their time, I've had to ebay a few guitars along the way to cover the inevitable expenses (like making sure brian doesn't get evicted while working on the tracks ! haha ! no seriously.)
so. I'm indie. and I want to d.i.y. with you. if you pre-order the album, I can make the album I want to make and you want to hear. the more you give, the more you get – check out the levels I created for pre-ordering or sponsoring the album.
thanks so much for reading this, I can't wait to get this music out to you all.
- mieka

Its nice to actually get a chance to help out a musician since so many of us get so much joy from them. It also gives you a nice personal stake in the music, almost like a shareholder - of course without any financial gain on your part - but that isn't what should drive great art anyway. Because of this sentiment I have posted a Mieka banner on the side of this page (you might have to scroll down) linking you to her site. Check it out.

Here is a video of Mieka performing "Run" which is the song where the title of her new album was derived from:

No comments: