Friday, April 06, 2007

Zappa on Crossfire in 1986

Check out this clip of Frank Zappa on Crossfire in 1986. If Zappa hadn't passed away I think this entire conversation could be recreated today. Zappa said "The biggest threat to America today is not communism; it's moving America towards a fascist theocracy and everything that has happened during the Reagan administration. Is steering us right down that pipe ." Check it out:



I've never been the biggest Zappa fan, but I know people who thinks he is a genius. I've also heard that you have to be a musician to really appreciate his music. I'm not a musician, but most of my friends who like Zappa are. Either way, I loved this clip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and its moments like watching this, that I don't miss CNN's crossfire... the talking heads on the show were close minded and stupid.

Zappa does his best to stay above it all. Sometimes it takes someone from outside the beltway to bring some common sense and perspective back to the stupidity going on.

Anonymous said...

hey man - i just got to watching this...I heard some of it before...really enjoyed, zappa is a genious, I love his attitude, and how he pretty much shredded that guy up.

as for this quote, replace "communism" with "terrorism" and "reagan" with "bush", and voila...

"The biggest threat to America today is not communism; it's moving America towards a fascist theocracy and everything that has happened during the Reagan administration. Is steering us right down that pipe ."