Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hey Hey What Do You Say?

The original magazine cover read "Noel Gallagher: Always Drunk or Just Stupid?"

I was just doing some research for the upcoming Hopscast and I ran across a classic Noel Gallagher (of Oasis of course) quote. Now I've never been the biggest Oasis fan. I mean, if I was drunk and in a bar with 20 Englishman and they came on the Jukebox I'd sing along, but the odds of me putting on one of their albums are slim. They are what they are - a fantastic pop band who are even more entertaining thanks to their ridiculous antics. Check out the quote that caught my interest and some other of my favorites by Noel Gallagher. He's hilarious.

Noel Gallagher Quotes:

In response to a Michael Jackson performance at the Brit Awards: "For Michael Jackson to come over to this country after what's all gone on - and I think we all know what I'm talking about here - to dress in a white robe, right, thinking he's the Messiah - I mean who does he think he is? Me?"

"All I ever wanted to do was make a record. Here's what you do: you pick up your guitar, you rip a few people's tunes off, you swap them round a bit, get your brother in the band, punch his head in every now and again, and it sells. I'm a lucky bastard. I'm probably the single most lucky man in the world -- apart from our Liam."

On the Backstreet Boys: “They should be shot

On his brother Liam: “"It's a good thing we don't live in the United States, where guns are accessible, because I'd have blown his head off by now. The problem is, I can't fire him because my mom would kill me."

And of course:

"We're not arrogant; we just believe we're the best band in the world."

No comments: