Tuesday, May 29, 2007

All You Need Is Hops Episode 15: The Electric Kool-Aid Hops Test

With the weather warming up where I live I wanted to do a good summer show. I instantly thought of what some people might call "hippie music". Now before you cringe, the point of the show is that there is more to this genre than the culture that surrounds it. When you listen with open ears you'll realize that there were amazing bands who influence a lot the bands today. I tried to focus on three bands: The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd and Phish. Each set will play one of their songs and then more modern bands that are borrowing from them. For those who love this music you'll enjoy hearing how it has evolved. For those that do not think you like "hippie music" I hope it makes you appreciate the genre more.

As always you can download the show via the Hopscast links on the right side of this page, by clicking the title of this post or just clicking here. Right clicking allows you to save the file as an MP3; left clicking lets you stream the show in your browser. Of course I’d be happy to burn a show onto a CD and mail it to you if you just email me. You can also subscribe to the Hopscast via iTunes. Instructions can be found on the blog here.

This show will blow your mind!


No comments: