I get asked a lot why my “All You Need Is Hops” photo has me making weird gang symbols with my hands. Well the only gang I’m in is the J-Crew and we don’t have a cool symbol (yet). So here is the true story: I was boozing in
But this isn’t a soccer blog, this is a music blog. So here are five songs dedicated to El Tri:
- “Nothing Was Delivered” by Bob Dylan & The Band –
Mexicohas scored zero goals in the last 8 games on soil. US
- “Isn’t it a pity” by George Harrison from
All Things Must Pass– Mexicoused to be the best team in North America…not anymore. The giant is dead.
- “Suck” by Nine Inch Nails – Guess what…
- “Real Situation” by Bob Marley: “Ain’t no use, no one can stop them now”. They never give us credit when we beat them (which is usually the case). The real situation is that we’re better. Enough said.
- “Cheated Hearts” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s wrong that their national team display such a lack of sportsmanship on the field. Their fans are pretty amazing. Even though they live in
, their hearts still are with the Mexican culture. And to them, futbol is culture. Therefore when they lose to the “Gringos” up north it hurts on a level most Americans can’t really understand. It simply means more than what we see on the field to them. America
Note: I’m only talking about the chumps on the Mexican soccer team, not the Mexican people or the country of
Notice the keeper, Oswaldo "Dirty" Sanchez, trying to take out Johnson after the goal.