Sunday, May 17, 2009

Right Again


The other day my sister was in town and me, Mrs. Hops and my sister were out on a nice stroll through old town when we heard the classic track "Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu" originally written and recorded by Huey "Piano" Smith in 1957.

My sister and Mrs. Hops were singing the song throughout the day but kept getting the lyrics wrong. I heard :
"rocking mamas and the oogy woogy blues"
a few "rocking manana and boogy woogy boos"
and possibly a "rockin harmonica and doogie howser jews"

ok maybe it wasn't that bad but after I insisted that the song was indeed called Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu I got push back. Well I'm just proving a point that I was right. Enjoy:

"Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu" by Huey "Piano" Smith (mp3)

No comments: