Thursday, February 12, 2009

Landon Donovan Is Stealing My Moves!

We all know Landon has been trying to copy my receding hairline for years (I've had to go to full blown bald just to distinguish myself) but now he's stealing my moves. Notice the classy 2-0 sign I was sporting while wearing a Sombrero at a Mexican restaurant at my bachelor party. This was posted on this blog almost three years ago:

Now check out Landon Donovan after last night's awesome victory in Columbus, Ohio:

Of course I was doing it backwards, but he's still a copy cat.

Why are we sporting the 2-0 sign? Because the last three times the US has played Mexico in a World Cup Qualifier at home here is how the games turned out:

2001 World Cup Qualifier in Columbus: USA 2 - Mexico 0
2005 World Cup Qualifier in Columbus: USA 2 - Mexico 0
2009 World Cup Qualifier in Columbus: USA 2 - Mexico 0

oh and when the USA played Mexico in the 2006 World Cup can you guess the score? That's right, USA 2 - Mexico 0.

All three of the Qualifiers in the US have been played in Columbus, Ohio in the winter, which is why they have been referred to as La Guerra Fria (The Cold War).

So in honor of another 2-0 Cold War win I bring you:
Welcome To The Occupation (mp3) from Loyalty to Loyalty by Cold War Kids
Buy here

No comments: