Sunday, December 23, 2007

Putting the Christ Back in Christmas

There is nothing I hate more than Christmas music. I mean I have serious issues with hearing that crap this time of year. Its not the holiday I hate - its just the oversaturation of jingle bells I can't stand. However, try as I must its completely inescapable. So figured if you can't beat them, join them - Hops style. Here are some good Jesus songs for you.

Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam by Nirvana (Vaselines Cover):


Jesus, Etc. by Wilco:


Christas With Jesus By Josh Rouse:


and just to prove I'm not a total Bah Humug....or am I?

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues:

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. To everyone else, enjoy your Chinese food. It will soon be over and we can get back to our usual non-seaonal crappy mall music.

No comments: