Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Strummerville

The other night I was watching this new HBO show called "John from Cincinnati". The opening credits to the excellent new series features "Johnny Appleseed" by Joe Strummer. I hadn't heard that song in quite a while and I realized I hadn't listened to much Joe Strummer or the Clash lately. So I put on a few records and I felt better. Just hearing him on that opening sequence reminded me of this video that was made right after he died. It always reminds me how much he meant to so many people. The Clash were a bit before my time and it wasn't until I got older that I realized how much further their music went beyond "Rock the Casbah" and "Should I Stay or Should I Go". Seeing this video made me dig a bit deeper into the band and into the songs of Joe Strummer.

And for those who haven't seen the show here are the opening credits which inspired me:



If you're after getting the honey
Then you don't go killing all the bees

No comments: