Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm hot for Spinal Tap

Did you see this??? Spinal Tap is back! They're getting together for the Live Earth concert in London. Now I had previously ripped the Live Earth folks for putting together a weak lineup, but this brings it up to a whole new level. Like eleven! Sorry, I had to sneak that one in there. Director Rob Reiner says "They're not that environmentally conscious, but they've heard of global warming". Fantastic.

Now once before I mentioned which bands I wanted to get back together. Somehow I left Spinal Tap off (in my defense, they’re not a real band). Anyway, here are some bands I absolutely DON’T want to get back together:

  • Menudo – Believe it or not they’re actually getting back together…yuck.
  • N*Sync – Because I respect Justin Timberlake’s solo career too much.
  • Van Halen – any version. Please stop. And if you do get back together have the decency not to record a new album.
  • Creed – I wonder why they broke up in the first place? Was the rest of the band afraid of 311?
  • Audioslave – Just so Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden would get back together

Can you think of any more?

No comments: