Tuesday, October 03, 2006

All You Need This Week...



... is Okonokos!

"Why does my mind blow to bits every time they play that song?" from The Way That He Sings

Okonokos is the new double live album by My Morning Jacket. It's amazing top to bottom and really shows the band in fine form. From the opener, Wordless Chorus, through the 11 minute Dondante, the 11 minute Steam Engine and ending at Mahgeeta its a fantastic example of why I love this band. If you have been digging the MMJ I've been playing on the Hopscasts, pick up this CD as it serves as a pseudo Greatest Hits (though its missing The Bear off their debut CD). I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

And just as exciting, they will be releasing a Live DVD on Halloween. Anyone interested in a screening at the Chateau Hops let me know. I'll provide beers and the plasma TV (and of course the DVD!). Check out a preview of the DVD



No comments: